Monday, January 30, 2012

More maintenance and some thoughts...

The maintenance for the Disco moves on slowly but almost there, did the transfer and axles, saw some metal shavings on the magnetic plug, but I don't think is too bad, it was a bit low, is leaking a little bit, and I fear is on the connection between auto gear box and input shaft, so once I take the transfer for something I'll replace the oil seals there, but for now, it'll have to wait, not that bad (sorry for the out of focus picture, I did it twice and both are out of focus).


Also, as the new temp sensor for the series is off (measures too low) I did some experiments and tests with the sensor and another one, that measures too high, and tried to find a good compromise between the two. Not sure if the data or the equations I have are of interest, but if they are, drop me a note or a comment if you are suscribed to this blog.

For now I am going with 220 Ohms in parallel with the sensor, we'll see how it behaves.



Also, the other day I found this nice link of when I helped the friend's of Death Valley to rebuild a bridge, it's nice to be listed there. Thanks Randy!
http://www.deathvalley.com/dac/supporters.html



And finally, I have decided to place a banner like picture with all the Land Rovers I had (or have) since 1994, in the order I had them, '94 Landy, '89 Spikes, '98 Reddo, '95 Vulcano and '77 Crappollo (provisional name) :