after the last trip and all the rear diff noises and leaks, it was time to repack bearings on the back and verify the whole thing.
Also, 200K miles is upon us, so I decided to do the ZF box maintenance (I've been procrastinating that enough).
The filter replacement was a royal PITA, with the chassis crossbeam and all, but I am done for now.
On the rear, I realized 3 bolts were broken halfway on one side, I guess it was loose and eventually broke them, they are still half size, and they seem to hold, but I will have to replace soon enough if they get loose again.
Check steering and some other stuff, all seems ready to go.
I'll drive it for a while and see how it feels.
The rear now *all* clean:
Holy cow, this hasn't been done in a while...