Wednesday, March 21, 2007

sunroof? check

I fixed the sunroof!!!!!!
the usual ground is missing on #2 and #4 on the microswitch, soldered a good ground to #2 and attached it to one of the bolts of the motor and , TADAAAh ! sunroof works great.
Of course, after getting rid of the headliner there it goes very nicely I'll leave it this way, maybe I'll wrap the sunroof metal with the old headliner so it looks more like "interior roof" that bare metal. I'll think about it.
The thing that made me suspect this one is that #2 and #4 had continuity but there was no continuity for any ground spot, so I said let's see if it is the problem mentioned in rangerovers.net or not.
I realized the stop points are out of place but who cares? I'll live with it unless I can figure it out easily.

Also, I've found some coolant leak under the radiator, but I can't find the leak source and it doesn't seem to be too much (expansion bottle is still full) so I'll keep an eye on it.

I had 3 bolts on the exhaust headers very loose, so I tight them up a little.

It never ends, does it? good thing I am having fun (still)