Sunday, August 17, 2014

Assorted maintenance on the RRC

It's been a quiet summer for me, I don't really like going out much because everything is so crowded, so I haven't had time to test offroad the RRC, but I did some minor work to it.
One of the most satisfying is the exchange of the cruise control ECU for a DiscoII one, I followed the advice in here and after identifying my flavor of cruise control cables


It was a very easy thing to do and it works!
A pity the diaphragm is rotten and I need a new one.

By the way, I can only say good things about Dan Harris who has supplied most of the used parts, I've been using. If you need anything shoot him an email at 1roverdog@gmail.com 

Also, I've been messing around with the center console, replaced the shifter tape, got rid of the half gone wood and waiting on a laminate replacement for it.

Oh well, overall very happy with the way things are turning out with this RRC, it may have a tiny head gasket issue, so I may want to do that down the road one day, but so far is very manageable.

I can't wait to go camping on this thing, as soon as the weather cools off a little.