Thursday, October 17, 2013

Assorted work notes and pictures

In the last few weeks I've been making sure the Land Rovers are ready for their next owner (if I happen to sell them, not very likely so far).



 After checking the front bearings and repacking them:


I took this picture for reference, just in case, I had problems putting it back together :), but maybe it can help you!
I did replace the little spring, but in this case seems to be the little actuator that is weak.


ATF change, only few metallic shavings, ATF was mostly OK (was changed a little over 10.000 Km only, but after Morocco)

A gift from the Land Rover party.


U-joints work, after checking them out, one in the Disco and one in the Series need to be changed.

 This is how it was on the disco...

Shiny


Series, you can't really see much other than dirty :)



I need to finish the series and then replace rear ABS sensors on the Disco, since I broke one cable at the party too.