Saturday, November 17, 2012

Terrafirma follow up and hub repack

This last week, after the trip to Morocco, I checked the front wheels and there was some play, I repacked the hubs and what a difference it makes.





And also, I double checked the Terrafirma lift, to see what is going on after a year with it installed.

In Morocco, I had problems with the springs coming out, no springs broken so far, but the rear ones are a little too low for my taste (2 cm in 1 year), shocks are on their way out definitively,  so not that great for a year old lift.

Rear, used to be 87 cm, now 85 cm

 Front used to be 83 cm, and still is 83 cm.


NOTE: I just realized that I used to have a 235/70R16 and now I have 235/85R16, the difference of radius is aprox. 3.5 cm, that means that the springs with the old tires would place the body at around 80 (front) and 82 rear, almost stock springs lift. Very disappointed in the Terrafirma lift.