Monday, October 03, 2011

Land Rover Party 2011

Well,
One of the events I was really looking forward to, is the Land Rover event in Les Comes (Barcelona), I got to hang out with Suri and his family and a lot of friends from the area

I had a lot of fun, met new people and said hello to some people I met before. It was a fun event overall, I didn't have time to check everything out, but maybe next time.

Some pictures of Les Comes:






We did go around the whole property, exploring and checking all sorts of interesting things, like this salt mine.


The wooden bridge was kind of fun too.


But probably one of the things that was more fun was one of the extreme areas, with plenty of mud, where we got stuck twice, once Saturday and then again Sunday.

It's funny how much the mud changed, Saturday had plenty of water, but by Sunday it was very thick and sticky.

Saturday's pictures here, at one point my Disco started digging to get up and sprayed Txus nicely, as you can see below. We got slightly stuck here, but nothing compared to what happened Sunday.



Sunday, things were going smoothly as there was less water in the mud, but the end of the trail, was very hard and almost everyone (but Jordi's Td5 and a Disco3, if I remember well) had some sort of issue there. I broke one of the end caps for the rear bumper and Suri got mud well over the knees, check out his shoes below.





Overall,
we had such a great time, I'll do the whole thing again. And considering I did all that in my stock Disco with street tires, ... not bad at all.

I think I have some issue with the brakes and we had to clean mud from pretty much everywhere, but still fun.

As always with Land Rover events, the best of all is the people.

I'll certainly try to go again next time.

This was the worse of the damage I got... not too bad and very typical problem:


Well, other than repairing the brakes and replacing the "P" gasket, I have some new toys to install too, courtesy of MM4x4: