Sunday, February 13, 2011

Well, I am back

After some months of less than optimum health, I am feeling much better and I am starting to enjoy little outings with the family and the Land Rover.

Yesterday we went to a little public area not far from where we live now and enjoy a day of playing around.

The dog seems to be doing better too and he had a blast running around.

Good news is that some offroad events Land Rover club related are coming soon and I expect to be on them, but so far, I haven't been able to get the tires and lift I want, very soon I hope.

Let's see some pictures, taken with the phone so quality might be not that great:

Funny story: So I saw some coolant leak down the engine, and I thought, "Damn, it! the 'P' gasket" as it very often happens with 300Tdi, but tracing it up the engine I realized that the coolant was coming from higher up... I tried to loosen the coolant filler plug on the thermostat housing and I got half of it, it was all rotten and leaking coolant through a crack.
Good thing I had a spare, got the rest of the plug out and replaced and all is good since then. Fingers crossed, I don't feel like doing the 'P' gasket dance just yet... specially if I have to work again surrounded by snow...



Water time! after all that playing around

I swear it was just 2 mud puddles.

This was a lot of fun!!

Until next time, very soon I hope!