Saturday, February 02, 2008

Maintenance pre-snow trip

At 105562 miles, I checked the Disco, some stuff I've done:
- Check vacuum lines, and connection to sensors, to see if that improves the erratic idle I was experiencing, so far, it works fine, so I guess, one of the lines was loose.
- Check differentials, oil seems OK, a little overfilled, I'll check back this summer for a big maintenance day.
- Greased drive shafts, checked under the truck for problems: little oil leak, seems to come from the oil filter area, I'll check when I change oil this summer. I saw a drop (only one) of coolant on the big hose under the engine, it seems OK.
- ATF and Oil seem clean and at the right level, the oil leak must be tiny as it doesn't affect level so far.
- Tires checked (including spare)
- Subwoofer installed.

Stay tuned for the Winter trip coming soon...