Sunday, April 22, 2007

Axle oil and lock actuator

Well,
I checked axle oil level and not only was low, but black, very black.
So I change the oil in both axles at 51045 Miles (not real total millage).
Swivel housings are OK, they have grease and are not dry. Good enough for me, for now. I'll replace the grease at one point soon.
Also, I took the actuator from the drivers door out and checked it, big capacitor was toasted, replaced it with something I had around, but not quite working properly, so I decided to fix my actuator with a $2 fix.
I bought a double circuit switch from Radio Shack, +V and GND get in there, and depending on the position it goes either nowhere (central pos) , +V GND , or GND +V. It works. You need to be careful not to leave it on too long or the actuators on the doors will fry, but it *does* work for now. Good enough.

I put the headliner back on the sunroof, without the guides, guess what? it works great, so now I have my headliner back there too.

I need to change the oil, I'll do that soon.

Temp still good never over 1/2 so far.