Sunday, February 18, 2007

Electrical assorted work

Well,
this weekend was the turn of the assorted bulbs. Replaced some, although I cannot find the side markers on the rear ones (12V/4W) or the whole bulb/holder (12V/1.2W) for the warning lights on the instrument cluster.
Good thing I did, because I discovered cables that lost the isolation completely on the left side flasher/parking light, I replaced the whole set of cables, just in case.
I did the whole installation to the radio/cassette I got with the RRC, but it doesn't work at all, I think the radio is broken, it won't do anything. Oh, well, I guess I may try to repair or I'll just try to get a cheap replacement.
The oil warning light and the lights (6) for the instrument cluster, won't work. I do suspect the multi-function thingy in there, but I'll have to dig deeper.
I found out that some previous owner "bridged" a cheapo flasher (F550) on top of the original unit, it works, it's just, "lame".
I tried to check the oil level on the swivel pins. I'll try later, that is some serious stuck bolt, no way I can move the bolts for now.
I did close the sunroof manually, for the time being, I won't use it, although, I'll attempt some repair later on.
Other than that, It seems to be OK, as soon as I fix the oil light/instruments light issue I'll be on my way to the trails.